Wednesday Daily Plays – A pretty ugly slate for starting pitching so it’s probably a good idea to play a reduced volume tonight due to large expected overlap with one viable pitcher and a Coors Field game. Many of the plays tonight will be the same from last night thanks to the Coors game.
- Gerrit Cole
- Jordan Zimmermann
- Clay Buchholz
- Mike Bolsinger
- Jimmy Nelson
- Jaime Garcia
- Ryan Vogelsong
- Bartolo Colon
Gerrit Cole is the clear cut top play and really the only pitcher you should be considering in cash games tonight on both sites. Obviously you have to select 2 pitchers on DraftKings and you might want more exposure on FanDuel… so Zimmermann is next in line due to win probability against the Braves without Freeman. The Braves really don’t strikeout at an acceptable rate to target them with our pitchers but the slate is extremely short when it comes to starting pitching. Buchholz is next but its hard to feel comfortable with him against a team like Baltimore… Jimmy Nelson has big upside against the Mets with a very favorable umpire situation.
- Rockies Catchers – If you download the hitting data you will see that the Rockies catchers all rank well tonight so our usage here will depend on lineup spot/price like usual when we are dealing with non top 25 overall hitters.
- Diamondbacks Catchers – See above notes on Rockies catchers.
- Athletics catchers – Josh Phegley crushed LHP if he is in the lineup. Vogt is also acceptable on the short slate.
- Miguel Montero
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy is the obvious top play at 1B and the top overall play in the RotoMinds model. Goldschmidt is over $6k on both sites tonight making him a tournament only play… but I still want some exposure.
- David Ortiz – The price has come up… all the way to $3k… LOL. Ortiz is an elite value tonight on a short slate if you’re fading Coors at 1B tonight.
- Chris Davis – Nice contrarian play tonight with the Coors game and Ortiz matchup.
- Lucas Duda – Big park shift for the Mets tonight in Milwaukee.
- Ben Paulsen
2nd Base Rankings
- Aaron Hill – Strong value play if he is in the top 6 of the lineup.
- DJ LeMahieu – Elite lineup spot and park factor.
- Scooter Gennett
- Jeff Baker – Lefty masher but use caution as Garcia is a big reverse splits guy.
3rd Base Rankings
- Joey Gallo – Value tied to lineup spot. Looking for top 5 here. Elite value in the model (due to limited sample size power #’s)
- Jake Lamb – Lamb was pretty weak last night but we will be back to the well tonight if he is hitting top 4 again at Coors.
- Kris Bryant
- Nolan Arenado – Huge power upside as we saw last night with 2 HR’s. Great tournament play due to price.
- Pablo Sandoval – Contrarian value play.
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is the obvious top play here if salary cap isn’t a concern. Too expensive for cash games but a great tournament play.
- Marcus Semien – Another guy who has his value tied to the lineup spot. Elite contrarian play if hitting top 5 tonight.
- Cliff Pennington/Nick Ahmed – If hitting top 6
David Peralta, Carlos Gonzalez (if in lineup) and Charlie Blackmon are the top plays tonight and are all fine plays in all formats.
Outfield Tier 1:
Nelson Cruz, Giancarlo Stanton, Shin-Soo Choo, Bryce Harper, Yasmany Tomas, Mitch Moreland, Joc Pederson, A.J. Pollock
Outfield Tier 2:
Chris Coghlan, Dexter Fowler, Andrew McCutchen, Alex Rios, Mark Trumbo, Brandon Barnes
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Rockies – Blackmon, Gonzalez, Paulsen, LeMahieu, Hundley
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Peralta, Lamb, Pollock, Owings
Dodgers – Pederson, Gonzalez, Puig, Grandal
Rangers – Fielder, Gallo, Moreland, Odor
Mariners – Cruz, Trumbo, Cano
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.