Wednesday DFS MLB Plays
- Carlos Carrasco
- Jon Lackey
- Jon Lester
- Chris Heston
- Wei-Yin Chen
- Bartolo Colon
- A.J. Burnett
Carlos Carrasco is the clear cut top play at pitcher tonight in a matchup with the Rays in a positive park shift for pitching. Carrasco has the most K upside tonight with his 10+K/9 ratio against a team that ranks near the bottom of the league in strikeout %. John Lackey might have a little higher win probability so I’m fine with going that direction if you would rather pick on the White Sox hitters in a negative park shift. Jon Lester is also in play but I’m a little hesitant to roll him out there in his current form. Lester does have a good pitchers ump tonight so that should help some of the concerns we have. When selecting a pitcher for cash games I would stick to this group of 3.
- Buster Posey – Posey is the top play in projection tonight on the split slate. The park shift is minimal and Dan Haren isn’t exactly an ace. On a night without a ton of ace pitchers I think its a fine strategy to pay up at catcher in your tournaments.
- Wellington Castillo – The Beef has found a home in Arizona. Castillo is in consideration for the top cash game play tonight depending on the lineup spot with Chirinos bumped down to 8th.
- Robinson Chirinos – We love Chirinos vs LHP but hitting 8th is just disgusting. The catcher position is thin tonight with Wieters and Lucroy both out so there is a chance that Chirinos will be cash game viable despite the awful lineup spot.
- Victor Martinez – VMART is in play tonight even against AJ Burnett due to limited options at the position and an elite lineup spot.
1st Base Rankings
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy at home against a lefty… he is obviously the top play at 1B and the top overall play in ALL of the RotoMinds models tonight.
- Chris Davis – Davis rewarded us in a big way last night with 2 HR’s against Colby Lewis. The matchup is similar tonight with Nick Martinez. I think it would be unrealistic to expect another multiple HR game but he does have HR upside again tonight and it would be a mistake to play multiple lineups without some exposure.
- Adam Lind – Lind has seen a huge bump in his price tag but he is a nice tournament option that is likely to go under owned tonight.
- Miguel Cabrera
- Anthony Rizzo
2nd Base Rankings
- Howie Kendrick – Another huge play for us last night… Kendrick had a 4 hit game including a HR and he has a slightly better matchup tonight against Robbie Ray in the big park shift. Kendrick should continue to hit 2nd tonight. Great value.
- Jimmy Paredes – Paredes was awful last night but we will be back to the well again tonight against Nick Martinez. If our HR from last night streak is still real the Paredes is my vote for a HR tonight after we used him last night.
- Neil Walker –
- Hanser Alberto – Alberto is a nice punt play tonight while he is leading off for the Rangers.
- Jason Kipnis – Great contrarian play tonight. Love those CLE lefties to provide that run support for Carrasco.
3rd Base Rankings
- Adrian Beltre – Beltre is very frustrating as he is aging and dealing with an injury, but he is still the top play at 3B against a LHP in a hitters park.
- Manny Machado – I prefer Manny Machado, the O’s lead-off man, if I have the cap space. Machado is having a career year as the lead-off man in Baltimore and he has a stacked lineup behind him to help drive him home once he reaches base. He doesn’t hold the platoon advantage tonight but that hasn’t mattered much for Machado.
- Alex Rodriguez – Seems funny saying Alex Rodriguez is a contrarian play… but he is the contrarian play of the night at 3B with Machado/Beltre/Turner in elite hitting environments and A-Rod in a large negative park shift on the west coast. Love me some A-Rod tonight in tournaments.
- Matt Duffy
- Justin Turner
- Jhonny Peralta – Peralta is easily the top play at SS tonight with several of the regulars playing in the early slate. Peralta crushed LHP and Quintana is no Chris Sale. The park isn’t great but its still the top situation for any SS tonight.
- JJ Hardy – Hardy slides up one spot to 6th which makes him cash viable tonight against Nick Martinez.
- Carlos Correa
- Elvis Andrus – Andrus gets a big bump once again as he moves back to the 2 hole in the Rangers lineup tonight against the LHP.
- Nick Ahmed – Ahmed is heating up and showing some power… fine punt/contrarian play if hitting 8-9. Elite value play if leading off like he did last time against LHP in Colorado.
Outfield Tier 1:
Yasiel Puig, Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, A.J. Pollock, Brett Gardner, Michael Brantley, Carlos Beltran, Yasmany Tomas, Scott Van Slyke
Outfield Tier 2:
J.D. Martinez, Denard Span, Preston Tucker, Kole Calhoun, Chris Parmelee, Adam Jones, Joc Pederson, David Murphy
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Orioles – Machado, Paredes, Davis, Jones, Parmelee
Diamondbacks – Goldschmidt, Pollock, Tomas, Castillo, Ahmed
Yankees – Gardner, Rodriguez, McCann, Beltran
Dodgers – Puig, Van Slyke, Kendrick, Turner
Indians – Brantley, Kipnis, Santana, Murphy, Moss
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.