Wednesday, July 22nd DFS MLB Plays
What a night last night! We were a 9th inning hit from Edwin away from sharing the $100,000 first place prize (would have split $187,500 between the RotoMinds members) We have a shorter slate tonight so I will once again be playing slightly less than normal volume.
- Jose Fernandez
- Lance Lynn
- Sonny Gray
- Anibal Sanchez
- Robbie Ray
- Collin McHugh
- Edinson Volquez
- C.J. Wilson
Jose Fernandez is the top play tonight thanks to his K/9 rate that is approaching 10. He is dealing with a large negative park shift tonight but he does remain in the national league so he will face a pitcher for a few of his outs. On the short slate Fernandez is playable in all formats and basically a must if you’re playing multiple lineups… you want some exposure. Lance Lynn is next in line and someone who makes a lot of sense tonight with one of the largest implied win probabilities of any pitcher throwing tonight. Lynn also gets a bump down in park factor and he will have to deal with a DH instead of a pitcher but the White Sox just aren’t a great team and the Cards should provide enough run support against John Danks. Sonny Gray is a high upside tournament play in a good park against a Blue Jays team dealing with large time zone and negative park shift. McHugh has some upside against a Red Sox team that struggles at time.
- Yadier Molina – The park shift and matchup with John Danks have bumped Yadi all the way up to the top play at catcher tonight and he is a real steal at just 2300 on FanDuel.
- Victor Martinez – The Tigers get a young LHP at home tonight so they are all in play in all formats. Victor is one of the best plays because he is a switch hitter.
- Josh Phegley – Phegley gets another lefty and will go under owned tonight with Molina in a great spot and Martinez is reachable with out a ton of top end pitching options.
- James McCann – Love James McCann in tournaments hitting down at the bottom of the Tigers order.
- Stephen Vogt
1st Base Rankings
- Chris Davis – Crush Davis ranks as the top play at 1B with the short porch at Yankee Stadium. Elite play at the position on a short slate.
- David Ortiz – Negative park shift for Ortiz and the matchup isn’t ideal with McHugh but he is still in play.
- Adam LaRoche
- Eric Hosmer – We love the Royals in tournaments tonight against Charlie Morton on the road.
- Billy Butler – Lefty masher who isn’t a pinch hit risk for the A’s. Poor park but still a great hitter vs LHP
2nd Base Rankings
- Brian Dozier – Dozier and the twins crush LHP but the negative park shift is big. Tournament only play.
- Neil Walker
- Robinson Cano – Cano is playing well but draws a more difficult matchup with Anibal Sanchez tonight. Fine play in all formats but definitely not a must play in cash.
- Ian Kinsler – Kinsler slides to the 2 slot tonight as Davis leads off and this is good news for us. Kinsler is in a great spot tonight.
- Kolten Wong
3rd Base Rankings
- Martin Prado – Prado is back in Arizona against his former team and he loves hitting in this ball park, Strong value play in all formats.
- Manny Machado – Elite tournament option
- Alex Rodriguez – Love A-Rod in the Yankees mini stacks tonight
- Matt Carpenter
- Kyle Seager
- Jhonny Peralta – Easily the top play in a positive park shift against a LHP. Peralta is as close to a must play situation as their is in baseball.
- Jose Iglesias – Great play in tournaments but a poor lineup spot for cash games.
- Carlos Correa
- J.J. Hardy
- Adeiny Hechavarria
Outfield Tier 1:
Matt Holliday, Mike Trout, Rajai Davis, Carlos Beltran, Brett Gardner, Jacoby Ellsbury, Randal Grichuk, Adam Jones, Jake Smolinski, J.D. Martinez
Outfield Tier 2:
Jose Bautista, Colby Rasmus, Kole Calhoun, Torii Hunter, Melky Cabrera, Hanley Ramirez
Mike’s Top Five Team Stacks
Cardinals – Holliday, Peralta, Grichuk, Molina, Carpenter, Wong
Tigers – Martinez, Davis, Martinez, Kinsler, Cespedes, McCann
Yankees – Ellsbury, Gardner, Rodriguez, Beltran, McCann
Royals – Hosmer, Morales, Moustakas, Escobar, Cain
Athletics – Butler, Smolinski, Phegley, Zobrist, Vogt
Be sure to use the our optimal lineups when they are posted later this afternoon.