Wednesday, July 29th DFS MLB Plays
I will be playing at a reduced volume from now until the trade deadline due to the number of expected moves that haven’t been made yet that could happen during the middle of games with pitchers.
- Tyson Ross
- Lance McCullers (If Trout is out)
- Masahiro Tanaka
- Bartolo Colon
- Mike Bolsinger
- Chris Tillman
- Garrett Richards
- John Lackey
- Jesse Chavez
Pitching has become a little more interesting tonight with Clayton Kershaw being scratched from his start for the Dodgers. Tyson Ross is the top play in projection but the Mets lineup has become significantly more left handed which is cause for concern with Ross, especially on the road. Tyson Ross also comes with some trade risk as the Padres have openly discussed their interest in moving Tyson Ross this week. Lance McCullers and Tanaka are next which seems a little funny because Tanaka is supposed to be one of the best pitchers in the game. Tanaka hasn’t been quite right since the injury and Texas isn’t a great place to pitch so we are ranking McCullers (discounted price) over Tanaka as long as Mike Trout is out tonight. Of the rest of the group I think Garrett Richards has the most upside in tournaments against the Astros but I like the Astros in GPP too… very high variance situation in Houston tonight. Chris Tillman has a nice win probability to he is in play on FanDuel where the 4 points are huge for a pitchers value.
- Russell Martin – Martin was one of 2 Blue Jays who didn’t let us down last night. We love the Jays again tonight despite the RHP on the mound for the Phillies.
- Brian McCann – McCann had the night off last night so he should be well rested tonight against Colby Lewis in a good hitting environment tonight in North Texas.
- Stephen Vogt – Another player who had the night off last night. Poor park but good matchup for his skill set.
- Matt Wieters – Wieters is just too cheap for a switch hitter in that park with a good lineup spot.
1st Base Rankings
- Chris Davis – Davis ranked near the top of the model yesterday and he is back on top again tonight. Nice play at home against a pitcher who struggles with lefties.
- Edwin Encarnacion – Edwin was disappointing last night but we really prefer him vs RHP due to his reverse splits. Great spot for Edwin tonight.
- Freedie Freeman – Freeman hit a HR (a day late for us) last night and he looks healthy since returning from Injury. Freeman is the primary threat to Chris Tillman tonight.
- Mike Napoli
- Justin Smoak – Switch hitter with value if he is in the lineup.
- Mark Teixeira
2nd Base Rankings
- Jimmy Paredes – Paredes at home against the RHP on a shorter slate… big upside play.
- Stephen Drew – Love Drew in tournaments tonight but GPP due to lineup spot.
- Kolten Wong – Wong is a great alternative to Paredes tonight as he gets a young pitcher who struggles with lefties.
- Ryan Flaherty – Upside GPP play with poor lineup spot keeping him from cash consideration.
3rd Base Rankings
- Alex Rordriguez – A-Rod gets Colby Lewis…. that’s all the analysis you need.
- Josh Donaldson – We are on the Blue Jays again tonight and expecting a much better result than last night.
- Matt Carpenter – Carpenter is just too cheap for his skill set. Buy low here.
- Chase Headley – Headley has fallen to the bottom 3rd of the order as the Yankees have become more healthy but we still love him in tournaments
- Manny Machado
- Troy Tulowitzki – Tulo is easily the top play at SS in his debut with the Blue Jays.
- Didi Gregorius – Didi is having a huge series for the Yankees and he gets another solid matchup tonight with Colby Lewis
Xander Bogearts – Xander at home vs the lefty. Quintana is pretty solid so this definitely isn’t a must play.
- Jhonny Peralta
- Carlos Correa
Outfield Tier 1:
Jose Bautista, Hanley Ramirez, Mike Trout, Brett Gardner, Carlos Beltran, Jacoby Ellsbury, Bryce Harper, Shin-Soo Choo, Jason Heyward
Outfield Tier 2:
Melky Cabrera, Adam Jones, Chris Colabello, Kevin Pillar, Cameron Maybin, Joc Pederson, Josh Reddick, Travis Snider, Adam Eaton
Mike’s Top Three Team Stacks
Blue Jays – Donaldson, Bautista, Travis, Smoak, Encarnacion
Yankees – Gardner, Ellsbury, Beltra, Rodriguez, McCann
Orioles – Davis, Paredes, Jones, Machado, Wieters